Salutations, dear readers! Happy New Year, and welcome to 2020! We’re a few hours into the new decade, and so far, so good!
While I’m planning a more in-depth status report for the GNP that’ll hit the site in late February (the 2nd Anniversary of the project!), I wanted to take a brief(ish) moment to reflect on this last year, and to take stock of just what was accomplished in 2019. And it was quite a lot! New books started, new chapters published, new timelines launched, a few cosmetic upgrades, G-FEST panels and podcast appearances… it was a heck of a year! And, with hindsight being… 2020… there’s plenty to look back on with happiness.
And no, I will not be apologizing for that joke.
Anyway, let’s get started!
Since the beginning of 2019, the GODZILLA NOVELIZATION PROJECT has:
- Published 18 updates, covering everything from newly published material to personal appearances and more!
- Begun three new Godzilla novelizations, including Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, GMK, and Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla.
- Published additional chapters to multiple novels, including All Monsters Attack, Godzilla vs. Gigan, and more!
- Created two new short stories (The Cosmos Apocrypha and Sora no Daikaiju), as well as adding new chapters to 2018’s Casefile: Matango.
- Revealed the successful MonsterVerse Timeline, as well as updating the Anime and Sony Timelines with new information.
- Helped make a difference in the life of an incredible Godzilla fan named Josh, to whom the project’s novelization of GMK is dedicated.
- Tricked a couple of readers with an April Fools Day prank!
- Unleashed three new BTS blogs for both general readers and Patreon backers.
- Co-hosted a successful panel at G-FEST XXVI.
- Executive produced a concert of kaiju music in Chicago.
- Gained additional Patreon supporters, most at the (currently) highest tier!
- Crossed over 1700 Twitter, and 300 Facebook, followers!
- Launched an Affiliate Marketing partnership with Amazon!
- Created unique artwork for each novelization, short story, and timeline, with more well on the way.
- Begun prototyping future GNP merch, including tee shirts, coffee mugs, keychains and more!
Whew! See? That was a lot!
And folks, all of that – plus the previous year’s work – is just the beginning.
2020 is going to be a big year for the project, and for other monster-related endeavors I’ll be embarking on during the coming year. Those will be announced at a later time (and I cannot wait to discuss my plans with all of you!), but in regard to the GNP, it’s my personal goal to have (at least) ONE full GNP book in the can by the end of the year. How’s that for a New Year’s Resolution? It’ll be a tall order (especially with a number of changes in my personal life barreling toward me), but with your encouragement and support, I think it’s entirely possible. Besides, for all your patience (and aforementioned support), you deserve it!
So yeah, this next year is set to be a fun one. Busy, but fun! I cannot wait to continue on this journey, and I hope you’ll continue to join me as we enter the new year.
Happy 2020 to you all, and I’ll see you soon in the next update!
One thought on “UPDATE #54 (1/1/20): 2019 in Reflection: A Look Back at This Last Year’s Accomplishments, and a Look Forward to an Exciting 2020!”
I didn’t realize how much you accomplished with GNP in 2019. WELL DONE!! Looking forward to seeing your work this new year!